YouTube is currently the second most popular ‘Search Engine’ in the world. This powerful platform has the capabilities to attract and capture potential customer’s attention within seconds. Standing out from the crowd is most of the battle when it comes to advertising, our creative team is here to help you make sure your business entices a new customer base.
Why YouTube Ads?
Youtube has a vast network to operate on, with the ability for your video to reach all potential customers within your remarketing list, affinity or in-market audiences.
With 5 billion (yes billion) video views per day (yes per day), why would you not put your brand onto the largest video search engine in the world?
Cost Per View
YouTube is a vital addition to any businesses marketing strategy despite the fact that advertising on the platform is less than 15 years old! Whilst YouTube marketing is a preferred method for national brands vying for new business in a competitive industry, it is also a favourite at Everything Digital when strategising as the low ad budgets enables our team to tailor an efficient and cost effective way to advertise to new and existing audiences.
Types of YouTube Ads
- Skippable video ads: Essentially, when you’re watching a YouTube video and it gives you the option to skip after 5 second… That’s what these are.
- Non-skippable In-Stream Ads – Short in-stream video ads. Usually between 6 and 15 seconds, these ads allow you to show viewers your entire ad.
- TrueView Video Discovery Ads – This shows your video alongside other videos on the search results page.
- Non-Video Ads – These are ads that are images advertising on YouTube which is very similar to Display ads but these are solely placed on YouTube.
- YouTube overlay: These are the banners that you see on the bottom 20% of the video you’re watching. Once the video starts playing, these banners will appear.
Best Practice Tips
- Hook people immediately – Most ads don’t get past the 5 second mark. So make sure that your message is good enough at the very beginning to capture the viewers attention early on.
- Brand early – Don’t just randomly put your brand on screen. Be sure to find a meaningful reason to place your brand on screen as early as you can.
- Connect with your users – Don’t look at these ads your typical TV ads. You want to really connect with your users and appeal to them with familiarity.
- Show people what to do next – This sounds daft but, if a user has gotten to the end of your video, you want to tell them exactly what you want them to do next, like “click subscribe for more”.